This week I’d like to share with you something that had a huge impact on my businesses last year. Goal setting. We hear a lot about setting goals (especially in January when we all commit to change) but many of us fail to actually set goals, commit to them and achieve them. So today I’d like to share my Top 5 tips for goal setting.
1. Dream Big. For those of you who have followed me for a while you will know this is something I talk about a lot. To help keep you motivated it is absolutely important to have an end goal in mind. Whether it’s a holiday, a car, a spa day, a new pair of shoes. Make it personal to you and remind yourself daily.
2. Be Specific. There is nothing worse that setting a goal which was never and is never achievable because it was so fluffy. Here’s an example ‘I’d like to be more confident’. How? In which areas? What do you want the outcome of your new found confidence to be? How will you measure your success?
3. Create a vision board. I know, I was never really convinced by this idea but let me tell you… it works. An easy way to do this is using Pinterest. Pin your dream house, car, lifestyle, shoes, clothes, holidays – whatever is relevant for you. It’s such a fun experience which will help you get really clear on what your lifestyle will look like once you’ve achieved your goals. One step better is to create a physical vision board. Print pictures or use magazines and get cutting and sticking! The benefit of a physical vision board is that you can place it somewhere you will see it every day to remind yourself of why you’re in business.
4. Break it down. So, your 2017 goal might be to earn enough money to leave your job and commit to your business full time. Get clear on the numbers. How much do you need? Where will you get this money from? How many bookings do you need. Every day, set an intention for achieving something that will take you further towards your end goal. It might be small but chipping away every day will get you there quicker.
5. Balance. This is so important and one that a lot of people forget. Just like a balanced diet you also need a balanced lifestyle. I’m a huge believer in having a financial goal, I am ALWAYS working towards a monetary target in both of my businesses. However, I also think it’s really important to have other targets for areas of self development.
I hope these tips help bring clarity for you. I would love to hear how you get on so please feel free to share your planning and success stories with me!
Have a great week!
P.S: Would you like to hear more about how my coaching programme can help you achieve your goals for 2017? Book a call using the link below!
P.S.S! Are you a wedding photographer looking for wedding photography training? Are you a florist/cake designer/dress designer or indeed any business owner in the wedding industry looking for specific wedding industry business coach? Get in touch!